Senior Compliance Officer
Sr. Compliance Officer
United Northern Mortgage Bankers, Ltd. - Levittown, NY
UNMB is seeking a Senior Compliance Officer for our corporate HQ in Levittown, NY! Under direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, the Senior Compliance Officer will direct and advise Management of compliance with applicable non-bank mortgage laws and regulations. This role will oversee the monitoring federal and state regulatory agencies for new laws and regulations. You will conduct compliance risk assessments to determine inherent and residual risk ratings across all lending systems, services and products.
Must be fully familiar with mortgage banking rules and regulations, including but not limited to HMDA; AML; OFAC ,CRA .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting monthly compliance audits to determine violations of procedure or law in areas such as ECOA and Fair Lending, TILA, FDCPA, FCRA, EFTA, TCPA, UDAAP, SCRA, BSA/AML and OFAC, and GBLA.
- Implement and manage an internal vendor management program.
- Coordinate with Operations during audits or on an as needed basis on possible changes to processes/controls and/or systems to add value and/or to remediate identified process/control gaps.
- Ensure that compliance issues or concerns within the organization and its business partners are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Assist in drafting and implementing compliance policies, guidelines and business unit procedures to ensure compliance with various federal and state laws across the USA.
- Monitor, handle and/or review responses to complaints alleging violations of various federal and state laws, regulations, policies, procedures.
- Interact with external regulatory examiners, investors and business partners to answer compliance questions and fulfill documentation requests.
- Review new lending products and services for compliance with various federal and state laws.
- Participate in Compliance Committees and propose viable solutions to mitigate compliance risk.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective compliance training, including appropriate introductory training for new associates as well as ongoing training for all personnel
- Monitor all aspects of changes in state or federal laws and regulations to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of compliance.
- Consult with Corporate Legal on the impact of court decisions, new regulations, etc. as applicable.
- Review new product offerings, proposed marketing and sales materials, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in Compliance with a financial institution required. Prior leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or, equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- CRCM or Compliance Attorney Certification Required
- Lending origination compliance or audit experience.
- LOS Experience: Encompass and Reverse Vision
- Prior experience in conducting Compliance Risk Assessments and Audits.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Organizational skills permitting the effective management of several concurrent projects and priorities.
- Strong computer literacy and expertise with Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to recognize and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Full Time