Recruiter - United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited
Celebrating 40 years of servicing homeowners and home buyers, United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited, (UNMB) is a mortgage bank licensed in 20 states. The key to UNMB’s success is our employees’ passion and commitment to deliver the best service and loan products to each customer. It is the reason we are considered one of the top places to work for by Newsday and Best Places to work by National Mortgage News.
We are not just like any other company! UNMB is Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA & SONYMA approved and we maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
It is our mission to make all our clients raving fans! This begins with our employees!
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Our culture is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. We have an awesome team who effectively communicate and believe in celebrating our successes loudly, with monthly meetings acknowledging outstanding achievements - big or small! We feel it is important that our employees work within a rewarding, team-oriented environment.
We are here to help ensure your success. With accessible leaders and the understanding that we will all roll-up our sleeves to get things accomplished and no one too good to jump-into the trenches, we provide our team and clients with excellent support! As part of the UNMB Team, tools are handed to you to ensure your success. Now is the time to be a part of something better… what are you waiting for?
UNMB is looking for an individual to work alongside our Executive Team as a Full Time, in- house recruiter for Mortgage Loan Officers (MLOs) and administrative staff. You will be partnering with Sales Management and Hiring Managers to source, qualify, interview and hire top producing Loan Officer Candidates in strategically defined market regions.
You are a charismatic individual who understands the value of listening to candidates to determine the best ways UNMB can support prospective MLOs in their career to ensure future successes for all. As the first opportunity for a prospective MLO to learn about UNMB, you must have an enthusiastic attitude and be able to accurately paint a picture of what it means to be a part of the UNMB Team!
By utilizing your excellent communication and social skills, you will provide a creative approach to the job search process. A self-starter with excellent time management skills, you will be expected to foster new relationships with B2B Partners, network to promote the UNMB brand and maintain existing relationships via face-to-face meetings, e-mail correspondence and phone calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Must have experience recruiting Loan Officers, Sales or Financial Services Industry Professionals.
- Research and attend industry recruiting and networking events.
- Stay abreast of industry trends regarding competition in the marketplace.
- Network with referral partners, passive and proactive candidates.
- Develop new and effective sourcing strategies geared toward attracting top talent.
- Source passive candidates through networking or existing data base/Internet research techniques.
- Maintain a strong pipeline of passive talent.
- Keep up to date on latest and greatest sourcing tools and techniques.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain strong communications with hiring managers to stay current/ahead of hiring needs.
- Adapt quickly to changing hiring priorities and formulate plans to fill new roles quickly.
- Develop action plan for growth with branch managers to target markets including metrics from first contact to successful hire.
- Meet hiring goals as determined by Management.
- Provide candidates pipeline updates to Executive and Sales leadership.
- Interview and assist in the on-boarding of new candidates.
- Consult with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Develop and maintain strong candidate relationships for current and future hiring needs.
- Generate a high volume of daily outbound cold and warm calls.
- Communicate culture of organization to prospective candidates.
- Problem solve with "out of the box" recruiting strategies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 plus yrs. experience as a recruiter.
- Source, qualify and recruit highly professional, top producing Loan Officers for numerous branches simultaneously.
- Commitment to and successfully achieve hiring goals as determined by the VP of sales.
- Highly competitive, engaging and self-motivated attitude.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Excel and Social Media
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong LinkedIn exposure and desire to network.
- Exceptional experience in initiating cold & warm calls/creating email campaigns.
- Ability to successfully/positively insert company knowledge into conversation.
- Maintain contact list in mortgage industry.
- Proactive while working independently and with a team.
- Currently maintains a network of general mortgage professionals and referral partners.
- Ability to target companies and passive candidates by leveraging all available resources.
- Able to work and adapt quickly and efficiently with changes.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the local, state and national mortgage industry including direct and indirect competition, the demographics of our competitors.
- NMLS use savvy.
- Ability to travel within the tristate area to meet/engage prospects.
Job Status: Full Time