Post Closing Specialist - Levittown, NY
United Northern Mortgage Bankers is hiring a Post Closing Specialist to join our Levittown, NY corporate HQ. This role will have you thoroughly review and coordinate any corrections necessary for a funded loan to properly close. This includes requesting corrections, missing documentation and other such issues that may arise. You will work closely with team members from other departments to ensure a complete, packaged loan prior to final submission. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 -3 years of experience in this role, and current certification as a Notary Public is strongly preferred!
- Audit closed loan files for quality and compliance, and resolve any issues identified
- Prepare Allonge and Ship Collateral package to warehouse lender
- Prepare delivery package in proper order including any necessary checklists and/or required investor specific forms
- Monitor pipeline to ensure that workflow is completed in a timely manner
- Maintain working knowledge of secondary and investor guidelines and websites
- Expedite the clearing and curing of loan document deficiencies
- Retrieve missing or corrected documents from various Loan Production Office employees, settlement agents, or insurance companies to resolve the outstanding deficiency
- Deliver excellent customer service while interfacing with Closing agents, Investor representatives, Borrowers and Branch personnel.
- Transfer rights in MERS.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience a Post Closing Specialist within the Mortgage Banking industry
- Associate's Degree in a related field preferred
- Notary Public License (strongly preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize urgent tasks
- Working knowledge of Encompass LOS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy - experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Status: Full Time