Mortgage Underwriter - Levittown, NY
UNMB is hiring Mortgage Underwriters to join our rapidly growing team. As one of our Underwriters, you will underwrite residential mortgage loans in accordance with Secondary Market, Investor and Government (FHA/VA) and GSE underwriting guidelines. This role is designed for an experienced Underwriter who is looking for long-term career growth. You will be part of a completely cross-functional team that will be there to assist, guide and encourage you to succeed. We handle a high volume of loans with a rapid turn around time. We can attribute our high volume to our incredibly successful MLOs, some of which are ranked among the top 10 producing originators in the state, and our rapid turnaround time is thanks to our direct agency approval with Fannie and Freddie! . DE Certification is strongly desired for this role.
This is a salaried role that is also eligible for overtime. At present, due to COVID-19, we are allowing a remote work arrangement for both existing and newly hired employees. UNMB is dedicated to the safety and health of our employees, with a strict "social distancing" guideline in place to protect our in-office personnel.
- Underwrite FHA/VA and Conventional loan applications ensuring adherence to Company and investor credit quality standards.
- Analyze and evaluate mortgage loan files, which includes customer’s application, income documentation, appraisal and title reports.
- Provide support to Loan Officers and Relationship Managers regarding questions and/or clarification of inquiries, loan files, and underwriting guidelines.
- Ensure timely review and follow-up steps in order to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- 3 + years underwriting residential mortgage experience and conforming conventional experience.
- FHA DE Status strongly preferred
- VA LAPP (preferred, but not required).
- Working knowledge of Encompass.LOS
- Flexibility to occasionally work beyond 9am to 5pm to meet production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy - experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies with direct approval from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one
Job Status: Full Time