Mortgage Underwriter - Levittown, NY
The Retail Mortgage Underwriter will underwrite residential mortgage loans in accordance with Secondary Market, Investor and Government (FHA/VA) and GSE underwriting guidelines.
In response to COVID-19: A remote work option is available for this role. Candidates must be within Eastern US Time Zone. Locality to Levittown, NY is preferred.
- Underwrite FHA/VA and Conventional loan applications ensuring adherence to Company and investor credit quality standards.
- Analyze and evaluate mortgage loan files, which includes customer’s application, income documentation, appraisal and title reports.
- Provide support to Loan Officers and Relationship Managers regarding questions and/or clarification of inquiries, loan files, and underwriting guidelines.
- Ensure timely review and follow-up steps in order to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- 3 + years underwriting residential mortgage experience and conforming conventional experience.
- FHA DE Status
- VA LAPP (preferred, but not required).
- Working knowledge of Encompass.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy - experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies with direct approval from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one
Job Status: Full Time