Mortgage Loan Processor - Elmwood Park, NJ
The Loan Processor serves a vital role ensuring that all loan documentation needed for the mortgage loan approval process is completed, documented, accurately verified and complies with industry, corporate and government policy. Loan Processors are responsible for overseeing all documentation required to take each client’s file from pre-approval to closing.
This position will be on-site at our Elmwood Park, NJ office.
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Calculate income from all sources including Salary, Retirement and Self-Employment.
- Prepare mortgage loan files for underwriting review by assessing loan application.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Build rapport with our internal and external customers.
- Be the point of contact for each customer by answering their questions and obtaining all necessary documents/information to complete the loan application process.
- At least 5 years of mortgage loan processor related experience with thorough working knowledge of underwriting policies, compliance, and procedure.
- (Strongly Preferred) - Experience in Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate!
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies approved by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one
Job Status: Full Time