Mortgage Loan Opener - Levittown, NY
Want to join a mortgage bank with over 40 years of experience in the industry? How about one that's been nominated for 2 years in a row as a Top 10 "Best Place To Work" by both Newsday and National Mortgage News? The team here at United Northern Mortgage Bankers is looking for exceptional talent as we continue to grow our company through the turmoil of 2020 and beyond. Come find out exactly why we are voted a "Best" employer, and why many of our employees have over 10 years of continued service with us. We offer competitive salary packages, benefits, 401k, incentives, and all sorts of other company perks that pop up throughout the year!
Looking to get your start int he mortgage business with an entry level role? The Loan Opener is responsible for the initial input of data required to open residential mortgage loan applications as well as initiating the necessary steps to begin the application process. You will work with some of the top producing MLOs in New York State, handling a high volume pipeline of newly originated conventional loans. We are directly approved by Fannie and Freddie, so our rapid turnaround time means that we also have a structured, highly professional and cooperative team to the end-to-end process. You will partner not only with the MLOs to get the loans open, but you will also work closely with your teammates in Operations throughout the life cycle of the loan, providing ample opportunity to grow professionally.
This is a full-time position. Comprehensive training will be provided to both experienced and entry-level individuals. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience. This role is in-office at our Levittown, NY headquarters.
- Request tax transcripts, order FHA case numbers and obtain verifications from multiple vendors
- Order corrections and verifications when applicable
- Run flood certifications, DU/LP & Mavent.
- Ensure loan file accuracy and compliance prior to Relationship Manager submission
- Disclose & Redisclose loans.
Skills / Requirements
- Prior mortgage industry experience utilizing Encompass
- A self-motivated and detail-oriented approach.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan documentation/terminology and products
- Experience using appraisal management systems
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Quick thinking ability, skilled at seeing a task through to completion.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate!
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies directly approved by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a Top 10 “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Growth opportunity within a strong team-oriented atmosphere
We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: LO51018