MLO - Lending to Heroes / New Jersery
Celebrating 40 years of servicing homeowners and home buyers, United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited, (UNMB) is a mortgage banker licensed in 20 states. The key to UNMB’s success is our employees’ passion and commitment to deliver the best service and loan products to each customer. It is the reason we are considered one of the top places to work for by Newsday, and Best Places to work by National Mortgage News.
We are not just like any other company. UNMB is Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA & SONYMA approved and we maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. In partnership with Lending to Heroes, we are honored to be the preferred lender to members of the NJ State PBA!
It is our mission to make all our clients raving fans! This begins with our employees!
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Our culture is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. We have an awesome team who effectively communicate and believe in celebrating our successes loudly, with monthly meetings acknowledging outstanding achievements - big or small! We feel it is important that our employees work within a rewarding, team-oriented environment.
We are here to help ensure your success with lots of training - some mandatory and some at your own pace. The tools to succeed are handed to you once you begin your career with us. Now is the time to be a part of something better… what are you waiting for?
Are you a Mortgage Loan Originator with the knowledge and skills to execute a pipeline of business, but struggle to find the right referral relationships to keep your pipeline full?
Lending to Heroes, (L2H), a division of United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited, is a proud supporter of numerous organizations that benefit those who serve, including the NJ State PBA, the Locals, Port Authority of NJ and NY, the NYPD, hospitals, healthcare organizations, Veterans Affairs and educational foundations. L2H is proud to be the preferred lender to members of the NJ State PBA and to help those who give so much to our communities!
As a part of the L2H/UNMB Team, you will be responsible for opening, closing and funding all loans according to the proper product type, investor and agency. All loans must comply with state and federal guidelines as well as UNMB corporate processes, procedures and guidelines and be executed in an accurate and timely manner. If you have struggled to maintain an active pipeline, being a part of the L2H/UNMB team, will open doors for you. L2H/UNMB has spent years earning the trust of these organizations and we are looking for individuals who share our values in supporting and honoring these men and women who serve within our communities. You must have a current NMLS New Jersey State license.
This position offers flexible scheduling, a supportive/positive management team, substantial earning potential with bonus and commission programs. Additional incentives include contests and rewards, an excellent benefits package including medical, 401(k) and much more.
- Produce high quality loans which meet investor guidelines, provide excellent customer service and meet minimum production goals.
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
- Utilize in-house technical systems and programs, (Encompass).
- Act as advocate for the borrower and as brand ambassador for UNMB.
- Maintain a professional, upbeat and respectful demeanor.
- Attend events to raise referral source awareness of UNMB’s products and services.
- Learn various borrowing programs/processes; stay current with changes, updates and new products.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- NMLS in New Jersey is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of mortgage experience (closing experience strongly preferred), 2 years of current sales origination experience and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Self-motivation, and are a results driven individual.
- Good / Working knowledge of the residential mortgage industry loan programs, loan documentation and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance issues pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place.
- Effective and efficient skills to handle multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks / projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and lead management/loan origination software, (Encompass).
- Prior experience with appraisal management systems and Title Companies preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MLO