MLO Assistant - Bronx, NY
As MLO Assistant, you will serve a vital role ensuring that all documentation needed for the mortgage loan approval process is completed, documented, accurately verified and complies with industry, corporate and government policy. Loan Assistants work closely with a specific Mortgage Loan Originator, and are responsible for overseeing all documentation required to take each client’s file from pre-approval to closing.
In response to COVID-19: This position may be eligible for a temporary remote work arrangement. Candidates must be local to Bronx, NY so as to resume normal in-office operations after the crisis.
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Ensure completeness of mortgage loan documentation meeting departmental service and quality standards.
- Calculate income from all income sources including Salary, Retirement and Self-Employment.
- Prepare mortgage loan file for underwriting review
- Routinely update all involved team members after document upload or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various underwriting issues and shares best practices with all team members.
Skills / Requirements
- 2+ years of residential mortgage loan processor related experience with thorough working knowledge of underwriting policies, compliance, and procedure.
- Strong Working Knowledge of Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English (bilingual candidates a plus!)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain positive communications with Operations and Sales staff.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies directly approved by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one
Job Status: Full Time