Loan Processor/Relationship Manager - Levittown, NY
Celebrating 40 years of servicing homeowners and home buyers, United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited, (UNMB) is a mortgage banker licensed in 20 states. The key to UNMB’s success is our employees’ passion and commitment to deliver the best service and loan products to each customer. It is the reason we are considered one of the top places to work for by Newsday, and Best Places to work by National Mortgage News.
We are not just like any other company. UNMB is Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA & SONYMA approved and we maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
It is our mission to make all our clients raving fans! This begins with our employees!
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Our culture is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. We have an awesome team who effectively communicate and believe in celebrating our successes loudly, with monthly meetings acknowledging outstanding achievements - big or small! We feel it is important that our employees work within a rewarding, team-oriented environment
We are here to help ensure your success with lots of training - some mandatory and some at your own pace. The tools to succeed are handed to you once you begin your career with us. Now is the time to be apart of something better… what are you waiting for?
The Loan Processor/Relationship Manager serves a vital role ensuring that all loan documentation needed for the mortgage loan approval process is completed, documented, accurately verified and complies with industry, corporate and government policy. Loan Processors/Relationship Managers are responsible for overseeing all documentation required to take each client’s file from pre-approval to closing.
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Ensure completeness of mortgage loan documentation and meet departmental service and quality standards.
- Calculate income from all income sources including Salary, Retirement and Self-Employment.
- Prepare mortgage loan file for underwriting review by assessing loan application.
- Effectively Communicate with clients, team members and management on outstanding requirements and conditions.
- Update all involved team members after new documents are uploaded or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Build rapport with our internal and external customers.
- Continue to stay abreast of underwriting and compliance guidelines.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various underwriting issues and shares best practices with all team members.
- Knowledge of TRID and the re-disclosure process.
- Be the point of contact for each customer by answering their questions and obtaining all necessary documents/information to complete the loan application process.
- Additional tasks as assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
- Associate's Degree.
- 3+ years of mortgage loan processor related experience with thorough working knowledge of underwriting policies, compliance, and procedure.
- Adept in Paperless Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of digesting and processing information quickly.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain positive communications with Operations and Sales staff.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be/will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MB9.6.18