Loan Opener - Levittown, New York
Celebrating 40 years of servicing homeowners and home buyers, United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited, (UNMB) is a mortgage banker licensed in 20 states. The key to UNMB’s success is our employees’ passion and commitment to deliver the best service and loan products to each customer. It is the reason we are considered one of the top places to work for by Newsday, and Best Places to work by National Mortgage News.
We are not just like any other company. UNMB is Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA & SONYMA approved and we maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
It is our mission to make all our clients raving fans! This begins with our employees!
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Our culture is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. We have an awesome team who effectively communicate and believe in celebrating our successes loudly, with monthly meetings acknowledging outstanding achievements - big or small! We feel it is important that our employees work within a rewarding, team-oriented environment.
We are here to help ensure your success with lots of training - some mandatory and some at your own pace. The tools to succeed are handed to you once you begin your career with us. Now is the time to be a part of something better… what are you waiting for?
Job Description: Loan Opener
The Loan Opener is responsible for the initial input of data required to open mortgage loan applications as well as initiating the necessary steps to begin the application process.
You will confirm that all information in loan files are accurate and compliant with policy. Request services and verifications of multiple vendors. Order corrections and verifications when applicable. You will be responsible to submit file to Operations and assign Loan Processor to the loan process.
This is a full-time position. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Medical Benefits are available after 60 days of employment, 401K participation available on the first day of hire.
- Request tax transcripts.
- Order FHA case numbers.
- Obtain verifications.
- Run flood certifications, DU/LP & Mavent.
- Ensure loan files contain all necessary information/documents and are accurate and in compliance before submitting file to a Relationship Manager.
- Secure all appropriate documentation needed to move Loan from Opening, to the Relationship Manager.
- Be self-motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- Disclose & Redisclose loans.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills with all team members.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at seeing a task through to completion.
- Maintain a positive rapport with all facets of Operations and Processing staff.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS, LTD (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute the job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in the mortgage industry working with Encompass loan origination system is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan documentation/terminology and products required.
- Positivity while engaging with business associates.
- Experience using appraisal management systems preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: LO51018