Loan Opener - Levittown, New York
Professionals who desire to join an innovative, progressive and thriving company with an environment conducive to personal growth, high performance and financial success consider United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited (UNMB) an employer of choice.
UNMB is a highly regarded and expanding mortgage bank, whose success is built on ethical leadership, personal service and embracing technology. Trusted since 1979, UNMB maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are rated as a Top Mortgage Employer.
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Ours is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. Understanding what is takes to be a successful team, we are proud to provide comprehensive training programs to support your education and experience.
We are here to help ensure your success with innovative efforts including a Certified Business Coach and a Corporate Relationship coordinator. Our technology investment is evident with our suite of solutions that provide support every step of the way. We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
Job Description: Loan Opener
The Loan Opener is responsible for the initial input of data required to open mortgage loan applications as well as initiating the necessary steps to begin the application process.
You will confirm that all information in loan files are accurate and compliant with policy. Request services and verifications of multiple vendors. Order corrections and verifications when applicable. You will be responsible to submit file to Operations and assign Loan Processor to the loan process.
This is a full-time position. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Medical Benefits are available after 60 days of employment, 401K participation available on the first day of hire.
- Encourage and facilitate the processing and gathering of documentation from various sources.
- Secure all appropriate documentation needed to move Loan from Opening, to the Loan Processor.
- Be self-motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- Disclose new loans.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Be capable of accessing multiple scenarios/multitasking and a good problem solver.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at seeing a task through to completion.
- Maintain a positive rapport with all facets of Operations and Processing staff.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS, LTD (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute the job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in the mortgage industry working with Encompass loan origination system is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan documentation/terminology and products required.
- Positivity while engaging with business associates.
- Experience using appraisal management systems preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: LO51018