Loan Officer, Reverse Mortgage Division
Professionals who desire to join an innovative, progressive and thriving company with an environment conducive to personal growth, high performance and financial success consider United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited (UNMB) an employer of choice.
UNMB is a highly regarded and expanding mortgage bank, whose success is built on ethical leadership, personal service and embracing technology. Trusted since 1979, UNMB maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are rated as a Top Mortgage Employer.
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Ours is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. Understanding what is takes to be a successful team, we are proud to provide comprehensive training programs to support your education and experience.
We are here to help ensure your success with innovative efforts including a Certified Business Coach and a Corporate Relationship coordinator. Our technology investment is evident with our suite of solutions that provide support every step of the way. We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
Senior Security Advisors, a division of UNMB, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Licensed Reverse Mortgage Loan Originator to join our dynamic and diverse team.
Senior Security Advisors thrive on improving the financial position of our clients. Our focus is to educate our clientele and provide them with the necessary tools to make an informed decision.
As a Loan Officer in our Reverse Mortgage Division, you will work to convert prospects, referrals and sales leads into new loan applications, achieving individual sales and profitability goals. You will maintain and build relationships with customers and referral partners through authentic engagement. You will embrace the concept of achieving success by doing what’s best for all stakeholders.
This is a Full-time (in-office), salary based position with an added commission and bonus structure. We offer flexible scheduling, assistance of a supportive / positive management team with additional incentives including contests and rewards. An excellent benefits package includes medical, 401(k) and much more.
- Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan, including but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, taking mortgage applications through face to face, email and phone communications.
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
- Produce high quality loans which meet investor guidelines while providing excellent customer service, and meet minimum production goals set forth by the company and / or Sales Manager.
- Act as advocate for the borrower and as brand ambassador for UNMB.
- Be socially engaging and maintain a professional, upbeat and respectful demeanor.
- Schedule, attend and present Reverse Mortgage Seminars to Real Estate and Law Office partners.
- Attend events to raise referral source awareness of UNMB’s products and services.
- Utilize in-house technical systems and programs.
- Learn various borrowing programs and processes while remaining current with changes and new products in the industry.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- NMLS and state license is required in a minimum of 5 states - including New York State.
- A minimum of 5 years of current sales origination experience.
- Proficiency in Lending Tree Lead Campaign.
- Good knowledge of the mortgage industry loan programs and underwriting guidelines.
- Self-motivation and are a results-driven individual.
- Knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance guidelines pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place.
- Proficiency in MS Office and lead management / loan origination software. (Velocify / Leads 360, ReverseVision).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MLO9.6.18