Conventional Mortgage Underwriter (Remote, EST)
UNMB is hiring Mortgage Underwriters to join our rapidly growing team. As one of our Mortgage Underwriters, you will underwrite residential mortgage loans in accordance with Secondary Market, Investor and Government (FHA/VA) and GSE underwriting guidelines. Despite being remote, you will be part of a fully functioning, completely cross-functional team that will be there to assist, guide and encourage you to succeed. We handle a high volume of loans with a rapid turn around time. You'll underwrite FHA, VA, Fannie and Freddie loans primarily within the New York state region. DE Certification is strongly desired for this role.
This is a remote work opportunity that strictly adheres to a 9am - 5pm work schedule. Candidates must be within Eastern US Time Zone. Locality to the Northeastern Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) preferred but not required.
This is a salaried role that is also eligible for overtime.
- Underwrite FHA/VA and Conventional loan applications ensuring adherence to Company and investor credit quality standards.
- Analyze and evaluate mortgage loan files, which includes customer’s application, income documentation, appraisal and title reports.
- Provide support to Loan Officers and Relationship Managers regarding questions and/or clarification of inquiries, loan files, and underwriting guidelines.
- Ensure timely review and follow-up steps in order to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- 3 + years underwriting residential mortgage experience and conforming conventional experience.
- FHA DE Status strongly preferred
- VA LAPP (preferred, but not required).
- Working knowledge of Encompass.LOS
- Flexibility to occasionally work beyond 9am to 5pm to meet production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy - experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies with direct approval from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one