Bilingual Loan Assistant (Spanish/English) - Levittown, NY
Professionals who desire to join an innovative, progressive and thriving company with an environment conducive to personal growth, high performance and financial success consider United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited (UNMB) an employer of choice.
UNMB is a highly regarded and expanding mortgage bank, whose success is built on ethical leadership, personal service and embracing technology. Trusted since 1979, UNMB maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are rated as a Top Mortgage Employer.
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Ours is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. Understanding what is takes to be a successful team, we are proud to provide comprehensive training programs to support your education and experience.
We are here to help ensure your success with innovative efforts including a Certified Business Coach and a Corporate Relationship coordinator. Our technology investment is evident with our suite of solutions that provide support every step of the way. We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
As Loan Assistant, you will serve a vital role ensuring that all loan documentation needed for the mortgage loan approval process is completed, documented, accurately verified and complies with industry, corporate and government policy. Loan Assistants are responsible for overseeing all documentation required to take each client’s file from pre-approval to closing.
This is a Part-time (in-office), hourly paid position. Working Monday - Thursday.
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Obtain and clarify additional information if needed.
- Ensure completeness of mortgage loan documentation meeting departmental service and quality standards.
- Calculate income from all income sources including Salary, Retirement and Self-Employment.
- Prepare mortgage loan file for underwriting review by assessing loan application.
- Effectively provide professional internal and external written and verbal communication.
- Update all involved team members after new documents are uploaded or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Build rapport with our internal and external customers.
- Continue to stay abreast of underwriting and compliance guidelines.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various underwriting issues and shares best practices with all team members.
Skills / Requirements
- Associate's Degree.
- 2+ years of residential mortgage loan processor related experience with thorough working knowledge of underwriting policies, compliance, and procedure.
- Adept in Paperless Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English / Spanish, both (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of digesting and processing information quickly.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain positive communications with Operations and Sales staff.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be/will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Pay: $19 to $20/hour
Commensurate with Experience
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: ND10.15.19